All of the companies of the Correos Group consider that it is of upmost importance to respect your privacy and to comply with the applicable personal data protection regulations..
1. Who will process your personal data?
The data processor is “Sociedad Estatal Correos y Telégrafos, S.A., S.M.E” (hereinafter, “Correos”), with V.A.T. No.: A-83052407 and with its registered office situated at Vía Dublín nº 7 (Campo de las Naciones) 28070 Madrid (Spain).
In order to ensure the adequate management of said data processing, Correos has designated a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”), that you may contact via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For what purposes will your personal data be processed and why?
The personal data of the User shall be processed for the following purposes:
- To permit the User to browse our website.
- In the case that you accept our Cookies Policy: To analyse your website browsing to optimise the structure and design of the website (for example, to determine which sites and areas of the website are most visited, the average website browsing time…) and to carry out behavioural and/or customised advertising.
3. What personal data shall be processed?
We shall process the personal data that is obtained through browsing our website, including:
- Personal data provided directly by the User: You may access and browse our website without prior registration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, when you visit our website, our web servers store, automatically, certain information such as your IP address and domain from where you access our website, the date and the time of your visit, etc. On the other hand, certain functions of our website require you to provide additional information via the corresponding form (for example, your name and surname(s), contact postal address or email address, telephone…). Unless expressly stated otherwise, all of the fields included in the forms shall be mandatory fields, and accordingly any failure to provide said information shall prevent the request from being processed.
- Personal data provided indirectly by the User: By way of browsing the website, different cookies may be installed on your device, in accordance with the terms of our Cookies Policy.
4. Will your personal data be disclosed to third parties?
Generally speaking, your personal data shall not be provided to other persons other than Correos. However, the following exceptions may exist:
- To comply with legal provisions, we may be required to disclose or provide your personal data to other third parties, such as Public Authorities (for example, the law enforcement authorities) or Courts.
- To be able to provide you with the best possible service while browsing our website and to process your request, we may have to disclose or provide your personal data to other companies within the Correos Group that are engaged in activities within the courier, value added postal services, logistics, marketing and telecommunications sectors. Thus, for example, if your request information regarding multichannel direct marketing solutions, your personal data shall be disclosed to “NEXEA Gestión Documental S.A., S.M.E.” for the purposes of processing the response.
5. For how long will your personal data be processed?
Your personal data shall be stored solely and exclusively during the necessary period for browsing the website, for analysing your browsing habits (in the case that you have accepted the cookies policy) or for processing your requests for services via our website.
As soon as your personal data is no longer necessary, said data shall be deleted, in accordance with the provisions of the data protection regulations that implies that said personal data shall be blocked, and shall only be available at the request of Courts and Tribunals, the Public Prosecutor’s Office or competent Public Authorities during the period of time until the applicable legal actions are limited pursuant to the statute of limitations, and after said period, the data shall be completely deleted. By way of example, normally the applicable time-barring period is that of 3 years, pursuant to the data protection regulations.
In any event, if at the conclusion of the contractual relationship pending legal actions exist, the personal data may be stored during the procedural formalities of the legal actions and exclusively for probative purposes, until a final resolution is issued, at which time the personal data shall be blocked and subsequently deleted.
6. What are your rights?
To the extent that said rights are provided for in the applicable data protection regulations in force from time to time, Users may exercise the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data:
- Right of access: if you exercise this right, you may obtain information in relation to what type of data we are processing and the characteristics of the data processing that we are carrying out.
- Right of correction: if you exercise this right, you may request the modification of your personal data if they are inaccurate or incorrect.
- Right of data transfer: if you exercise this right, you may obtain a copy of your personal data that is being processed, in an interoperable format.
- Right to the limitation of the data processing: if you exercise this right, you may limit the processing of your personal data in the situations set out at law.
- Right of challenge: if you exercise this right, you may challenge the processing of your data and request the discontinuance of the remittance of commercial communications..
- Right of deletion: if you exercise this right, you may request the deletion of your personal data when the data processing is no longer necessary.
- Right to revoke your consent.
You may exercise your rights via any of the following channels, and you must state the right that you exercise and you must also accompany your request by a copy of your National Identification Document or equivalent document, together with any other document that you consider necessary:
- Postal Address: Vía Dublín nº 7 (Campo de las Naciones) 28070 Madrid (España)
- Email: email@example.com
On the website of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (“AEPD”) you will find a series of templates that shall help you to exercise your rights. Furthermore, we hereby notify you that you have the right to file a claim before the regulatory authority (in Spain, the AEPD) in the case that you consider that your rights have been breached.